Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Vintage Style Boudoir Pretty Shoe Tree


Pretty in pink! I made these lovelies from brand new shoe trees so they can be used to fulfil their role or as a pretty something in one's boudoir.

A little lovely something to keep one's shoes in shape and a pretty travel shoe bag to match.



How pretty is the bead on the ribbon drawstring? .... I love playing with my stash to make something different. The gorgeous fabric of the bag and the trim I've attached to the shoe trees/stretchers are unused vintage goodies from my haul at a ragtrade warehouse sale - a closing down sale and never sold to the public before. I got rather carried away with my purchases.... as I'm sure my fellow fabric addicts can relate to.... I bought a bolt of the pretty pink, another bolt of a different pattern in a pale blue and a big card of the most divine cotton lace ... I've been a bit scared to cut the lace but I'll try and be brave soon! And lots (and lots!) of other trim including a card of the gorgeous stuff you see here.



I thought I'd show a little something of my work instead of my play for a change ...
although the truth is this is playing!

I'm working on my website to load it up with treasures and I'd love you to visit - also please check out my fan page at Facebook that I think I've finally learned to drive! *grin*

I'll be back soon to show you some of my fun Valentine's Day projects!

Thanks so much for visiting,
Suzy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment